22 Greenmanville Ave
Mystic, CT 06355
How to Consign at Pennywise / FAQ
- Pennywise accepts items Monday through Friday from 9:30 to 4:00. They do not accept items on weekends or holidays. Also, Pennywise is occasionally unable to accept items because we are overstocked. It is always a good idea to call before making the trip.
- The consignor receives 50% of the selling price after the item sells. Items are on display for approximately 6-8 weeks. All items that do not sell during this time are automatically donated; they do not hold any items to be returned to consignors.
- Checks are issued any time during business hours Monday through Friday except on holidays. No advanced notice is required. Store credit can be used seven days a week at Pennywise.
- They accept only name brand and designer items (please see most popular brands to the right). They do not accept items from lower-end department stores such as Walmart, Kohls, JCPenny, etc.
- Items can be brought in any container but keep in mind the neater they look (nicely pressed) the more likely people are to buy them for a good price.
- Items must be clean and aired out if they have been stored in mothballs or in a home in which cigarette smoke is present.
- They accept jewelry year-round. This includes vintage, sterling silver, gold, semi-precious stones, and costume.
- They accept shoes that are in like-new condition.
- They accept purses as long as they are name brand or designer and of current styles.
- They do not accept items that are out-of-date, ripped or stained.
- They do not accept items that are not currently in season. As soon as you see the new season in stores, they begin accepting it on consignment. They stop accepting items for the season before the season is over to allow time to clearance them out. If you are unsure, please call to conﬁrm what season we are currently accepting.
- They do not accept any knock-offs or replicas.